Port Elizabeth Attractions & Activities
Port Elizabeth, known as the “Friendly City”, offers a diverse selection of attractions from endless white sand beaches to water sports, magnificent wildlife, scenic nature trails and historic heritage.
Apart from the many water sport and marine activities (scuba diving, kite boarding, wind surfing, surfing, yachting, angling and kayaking), there are various other activities available, including golf, city and township tours, marine safaris, as well as day safaris to various local game reserves including Addo Elephant National Park, Schotia Safaris which are within an easy 1hour drive.
- Boardwalk casino and entertainment centre, Bayworld Museum, Oceanarium and Snake Park are all within 5 minutes walk.
- The Famous Jeffrey’s Bay with its Billabong and Quicksilver factory shops is home to the world famous annual Billabong Surfing competition.
- Outdoor flea markets between Kings Beach and McArthur Baths in Summerstrand, every Saturday and Sunday.
- View a variety of wildlife at the Seaview Lion Park and Kragga Kamma Game Reserve. Or enjoy a day trip to the Addo Elephant Park, Schotia or Shamwari Game Reserves.
- The Apple Express Steam Train tours to Loerie and back and crosses Van Stadens on the highest narrow gauge bridge in the world.
Other Nearby Port Elizabeth Activities & Attractions
- Port Elizabeth Harbour (5min).
- Good Fishing (10min).
- Virgin Active Gym (10min).
- St Georges Park Cricket Ground (10min).
- Safe swimming on Humewood & Kings Beaches. (10min).
- Bayworld P.E. Museum and Oceanarium (10min).
- Mac Arthur Sea Water Swimming Pool (10min).
- Numerous restaurants, shops, pubs & nightclubs (10min).
- Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment Centre (10min).
- Red Location Museum (20min).
- Donkin Reserve (10min)